Thursday, August 12, 2010
@ 8:26 AM
Very busy day for us today, arranging for a site visit for Keith(ID) and the fiber glass maker Sam to take the measurement. I was chatting with Alan(property agent) while dear is liaising with Sam and Keith to discuss the arrangement for the tank in the balcony area. I leave it to the guys for them to discuss and continue chatting with Alan. He's requesting us to let the owner vacant the house on 20 Aug as he need the cash to arrange for the mover to clear up the stuff. He give us the assurance that the owner will vacant on 20 Aug else he will arrange for the mover to come in. We agree to his request and shortly he left for his appointment and leave me the key to return to the owner.
Back to join the guys on their conversation and Keith told me he had a better understanding on how the tank will be. He share with me the idea to use a divider between the living and the balcony to cover the side panel of the fiber glass tank. Initially we decided to tile up the tank (refer to pics below)but seems like we are taking another alternative to deco up the tank.
Tile up Fiber Glass Tank
I guess after chatting with the tank maker, Keith got a better idea how he can beautify the fish tank area and our pets pee/washing area. He will be providing us a sketch on the balcony area for us.
Next, we discuss further on the kitchen area. I was thinking of aligning the bar top counter and the cabinet initially as I find it inconvenient to walk out to the living room in a 'S' shape but Keith explain to me the reason to place the cabinet at that location. Dear is fine with the design, basically he's leaving the kitchen area to me! Well, I'm fine with that arrangement too and we head to discuss on the bedroom area. Below are some of the pics that we share with Keith previously via email how we would like the kitchen cabinets to be.
I like the drawer to place the utensils
Less cabinets to pull out, I prefer this then the conventional drawers
The pull out unit
The swinging trays for the corner for the kitchen cabinet
(won't be going for this even though I do like the idea, as I'm worry it doesn't hold the weight)
Head to the master bedroom and we weight the pros & cons for the space for the walk-in-wardrobe. The original plan is to extend the wardrobe but the walking space will be very squeezy and we're not comfortable with that. I wish our master bedroom is bigger=( Keith suggest to hack into bedroom 2 and eat up 600m for the wardrobe and the room itself will be a study/mahjong room for us. In this way, the walking space in the master bedroom will be more comfortable for us. I brought along 2 interior design book by Inside Deluxe 2009 and 2010 and share with Keith on some of the design and lent the book to him for reference. He will be sending us the final quote on either sat/sun and pray that doesn't go above our budget!
We head parkway to Harvey Norman to look into the household appliances that we will be getting and shortlist some of the items. On our way, I call up Keith and get him to include the feature wall for the living & master bedroom. I request for him to itemise the quotation so we can eliminate the items accordingly. Upon reaching, we approach Ismail to enquire on the pricing for the appliances. We got to firm up on the Hob, Oven, Washing Machine, TV etc stuff to get a package price from Harvey and compare with other merchants soon.
Busy.. busy... next week will be our 2nd appointment! Got a call from desy, she sign up bridal package with Le Grand! They love the gowns and the photography is with Chris Ling and the package is attractive. She's fast! Confirm her venue and JP in a real short time while I'm the picky one choosing location, this and that.. I'm happier for her, less stuff to think since it's confirm and just prepare and enjoy their ROM and wedding day.
I wish we could settle for the bridal too since I need to get my ROM dress but well priority will be given to the house. Anyway, we have yet to confirm if we're going for the chinese banquet, will have to wait for dear daddy to be back for discussion.
Facial appointment tomorrow and meet up with JieJie at her house =)
Labels: Bridal, Home Appliances, Renovation, Shopping
Newer Posts