On our way to City Hall, I received a message from Lynne that she's on medical leave today hence we will be meeting up with her colleague Evelyn. Meet dear at The Arts House and he park at the new Parliment House as there isn't any parking facilities at Arts House however the parking rates is still reasonable at $2.06/entry after 5pm and for Sunday is $2.06 too! So if we're going to held our ROM function at Arts House, the guest will have to park at the New Parliment House.
Anyway, we meet up Evelyn and she show us around the different rooms (Chamber, Gallery, Living Room, Blue Room, Play Den). They suggest us to take up the Living room since our no. of guests is very small (estimate 30guests) and it will be a cozy enviroment for us. All the different is very nice and have the colonial feel that I like.. I like the food caterer also which is 1827 Thai, as I read alot of good reviews from the forums abt them. Evelyn mention they will be drawing out a floor plan for us in arranging the tables and chairs prior to us signing the proposal for renting the venue.
Some pics to share..
The Chamber
The Living Room
The Gallery
Next stop, Legends @ Fort Canning Park. We meet up with the coordinator Kevin Loh. He's very kind in offering us complimentary parking after we mention that we're parking in the premises and show us around the ballroom. Again, was inform that there will be renovation works going on in the function room that he propose to us. However, we're not impress with the rooms and don't really like it..
Next we proceed to look at outdoor wedding marquee at Legends. Damn! It's really beautiful, I love the lightings. It look so perfect and nice during evening/night time. However if it's going to rain then I guess it's not a so nice event.. since it's a outdoor wedding, placing an air-cooler cost $150 each and minimum of 8 units and Kevin share with us fixing up the air-con may cost up to $20k. Wow.. I guess i gonna skip the air-con if I going to held my customary dinner at Legends.
After all the site visits, we head to Ion to have dinner at Watami and also to Takashimaya to try on the Simmons bed but still prefer the Simmons Advanced S1000. Head to Paragon to the Simmon Gallery but it was close :( We move on back to Taka to buy some breads and drinks and head home... on the way back was discussing with dear if we're going to held the customary dinner. Dear prefer not to have the customary as it will be additional cost incur since the house is ready and renovation gonna cost a huge sum of $$. Nevertheless, he give me the choice to held a customary dinner. If I will prefer to have it, we will go for it however there might be a budget constraint. My mum will prefer us not to held any banquet since our cash flow is so tight.. I'm still thinking of having a wedding banquet or just make do with the ROM and comes along with the tea ceremony... still thinking..
Labels: Fort Canning Park, ROM, Shopping, The Arts House
Newer Posts