Friday, July 16, 2010
@ 12:49 PM
It's been quite sometime since I last update on the blog. Hv been really busy recently with work, taking over the subcons and lots of things need to be done and learn.. totally hectic! I still need to go bk to office during my off days! It's the beginning of the huge mess!
Anyway, back to office to clear shipment but apparently didn't do much since I'll be leaving earlier to IMM with dear to meet up with my cousin(ID) and another ID to discuss abt the house renovation and design of our own place.
Below is the layout for adapted by my cousin suggestions.
Below is the layout for adapted by my cousin suggestions.
Layout adapted from my cousin-Janice concept
However, we meet up with Keith from Keithworks who is a designer who start up his business 2 years ago with his friend Jave - Contractor who work from home. He was recommended to us via arofantics forum. Since it was recommended, we decided to get a quote from him, send him our layout and the new layout a few days ago. He request to meet us up today and the layout he propose was quite interesting. I mean, something different from the above layout but with that layout I will have to forgo my half glass height kitchen.
We share with him our preference of certain things eg. dog area, fish area, walk-in wardrobe etc and most importantly the budget! Apparently he is able to work within our budget w/o us cutting our certain carpentry work that those interior design firm that quote us. I show him and send the photos of the existing unit condition for him to discuss with jave on our unit, so they can quote us with a more accurate price. Pricing is attractive if they are able to work within our budget but I'm skeptical on the quality. Well, we will have to wait to get the quote and visit the site of his customer. Meanwhile, will wait for other contractors to get back to me on the quotation.
Next, head up to meet my cousin at her office. We saw her quote, OMG!!! It's way way above my budget! Nevertheless, she share with us what we need to take note when they quote us and best to indicate in black & white. I'm thankful for my cousin who's able to explain and guide me as I'm totally clueless with all the designing stuff. So much stuff!!! Shortly after our discussion, cousin bring me to some shops in IMM to look at the appliances, air-con etc..
We meet up with this guy Kelvin from gain city, after giving him our postal code. He mention the 3 brands we should look is LG, Hitachi and Mitsubishi Inverter air-con. Cousin and him strongly recommend to get Mitsubishi aircon, the price we got was $4130 inclusive of brackets, upgrade of the pipes insulation to prevent from condensation and free 5years extended warranty. We're considering to get that and probably put a deposit for that before promotion on sunday 18 July 2010. Meanwhile, will wait for Richard to get back to me since he mention his sis is selling air-con and will quote us a good price. Hopefully he will get back to me before sunday for us to settle with the air-con.
Head back home and catch a movie at PS at 12.30am for "Hot Tube Time Machine" Funny and nice show, anyway we went to Prize Stage to collect the Hello Kitty gold and pink mahjong plus I use 2 JP to get Elmo and Cookie Monster for Xinyi as birthday present.
Going to bed already.. tomor will be another long day.. It will be a photo taking session with dear and family. The "Family Photo Taking Session Photo"
Labels: Home Appliances, IMM, Others, Renovation
Newer Posts
