Sunday, July 4, 2010
@ 4:32 AM
Yesterday was quite a long day..
We was suppose to go for a meet-up with Kevin from Legends @ Fort Canning but we postpone to another day as we are meeting up with Mr Yeak (contractor in Yishun). Anyway, we meet up with him and show him the revised floor plan of our house. He mention he will get back to us on the quotation again since it gonna involve hacking and rebuilding of store room. Hope he get back to us fast and I can't wait to meet up with my cousin to see her quotation! I would like to get her to design for us but I feel it could be beyond our budget.
Our next stop is to Loyang Tua Pek Kong Temple to pray for my mum and grandpa to be healthy, happy and good... dear to find a better job.. hv a bit of luck to lighten our financies issues now.. I can forsee the huge amt coming in :( ROM, Renovation, Buying household appliances etc.. Haiz...
Final stop of the day! EXPO! We visit the Gain City and Home & Trend show and we did not buy anything at all! We was surprise as we thought we will be getting a few stuff for our new house, but thankfully we didn't get anything.
Looking at a few stuff in the expo hall
Mattress
Almost going to buy the mattress from Stylemaster $3800 which was quite a good deal and feel the same as Simmons Backcare Advanced S1000. Orginal price abt $7000+ but she can lower down to that amt and throw in free bedframe for us! Unbelievable! In the end, we still didn't get the mattress but well at least I confirm I prefer the pocketed spring as compare to Sealy mattress technology. =) Further mattress hunting again!
Laundry System
We saw this laundry system by TAME and their promotional price was $428. Dear was keen as he mention this is something we gonna get it however I was relutant as I'm aware they're not the only company who is actually having this laundry system which he smoke us by telling us he is the only company. Anyway, here's the list of company with the laundry system and the pulley system we're looking at
We was suppose to go for a meet-up with Kevin from Legends @ Fort Canning but we postpone to another day as we are meeting up with Mr Yeak (contractor in Yishun). Anyway, we meet up with him and show him the revised floor plan of our house. He mention he will get back to us on the quotation again since it gonna involve hacking and rebuilding of store room. Hope he get back to us fast and I can't wait to meet up with my cousin to see her quotation! I would like to get her to design for us but I feel it could be beyond our budget.
Our next stop is to Loyang Tua Pek Kong Temple to pray for my mum and grandpa to be healthy, happy and good... dear to find a better job.. hv a bit of luck to lighten our financies issues now.. I can forsee the huge amt coming in :( ROM, Renovation, Buying household appliances etc.. Haiz...
Final stop of the day! EXPO! We visit the Gain City and Home & Trend show and we did not buy anything at all! We was surprise as we thought we will be getting a few stuff for our new house, but thankfully we didn't get anything.
Looking at a few stuff in the expo hall
Mattress
Almost going to buy the mattress from Stylemaster $3800 which was quite a good deal and feel the same as Simmons Backcare Advanced S1000. Orginal price abt $7000+ but she can lower down to that amt and throw in free bedframe for us! Unbelievable! In the end, we still didn't get the mattress but well at least I confirm I prefer the pocketed spring as compare to Sealy mattress technology. =) Further mattress hunting again!
Laundry System
We saw this laundry system by TAME and their promotional price was $428. Dear was keen as he mention this is something we gonna get it however I was relutant as I'm aware they're not the only company who is actually having this laundry system which he smoke us by telling us he is the only company. Anyway, here's the list of company with the laundry system and the pulley system we're looking at
- EZLiving
- Home Niche
- Tame
- KS Auto System
- Genesis
Walk-in wardrobe
Chance upon ClosetDesign in the show and they are currently offering $1500 for 5ft pole system and addition $200 for each ft. Not too sure if the price is really attractive since I have not done any research so far but I did check with my cousin and her price is $230/foot run..
Furniture
After deciding on our design, we decided to look for a single 3-4 seater sofa ard 2.8-2.9m. We took a liking of this sofa by SEATS which is more firm as compare to the sofa we saw in SY Living @ Furniture Mall. Well, price is going for $2400 while SY is offering $1800. Will KIV and see how this could fit into our budget!
Windows & doors
As the house condition is really bad, we gonna remove all exiting windows and grills and replace with just window. Price quote is $10-$15 depends on what we want.. We feel the price is better as compare to the what the ID quoted us.. Will KIV and get them to quote us once we confirm the design.
Btw, I love the PD door! I really hope to get that for our bathroom doors instead of the bi-fold type which I'm not so keen. Price quote in the show is $299, $399 and $499. KIV this!
Air-con
Initially we decide to put a deposit for the air-con as we feel it could be quite a good deal but.. after checking out more on the air-con, we decided to put this on hold on a while at least to understand what are we getting..
We are quoted
Mitsubishi System 4 Inverter - $3650 (inclusive of GST)
Toshiba System 4 Inverter - $3788 (inclusive of GST)
Fridge & Washing Machine
Shortlisted Sharp, LG, Samsung fridge but apparently the fridge don't seems to be a good deal. As for the washing machine, we intend to get the top load instead due to budgetting..
Stove or Induction cooker
Initially we wanted to get the induction cooker or ceramic hob but was told that the old HDB limit the amp and we might not be alble to support especially we hv the intention to buy a system 4 aircon. After hunting ard, we decide to stick to the old school gas stove.. Cheaper and more practical =) Will still get a induction cooker but portable =D
Oven
Will be getting a build-in-oven but will have it fix at a tall unit =)
Labels: Fort Canning Park, Home Appliances, Praying, Shopping
Newer Posts
